Blue Ridge PBS Programs Win Multiple Awards!
Blue Ridge PBS Executive Producer, Lisa Fenderson, won two national 2018 Telly Awards! The Tellys are annually awarded to local and national stations for outstanding work in our industry. They have been around for 40 years and are considered to be one of the most prestigious awards with a team of judges now consisting of more than 200 professionals.
Carol Jennings, Co-Producer and Dr. Rose Martin, Co-Producer and Host for “Write Around The Corner” won a 2018 Videographer Award in the first season of Blue Ridge PBS's LOCAL program! "Write Around the Corner" won an Award of Distinction in the Television Production/Talk Show category for the David Baldacci episode. The Videographer Awards international awards competition recognizes outstanding achievement in video and digital production skills.
Cast a Vote for Your Favorite Book!
Voting is underway to choose America's favorite book and you can cast your vote NOW!
THE GREAT AMERICAN READ explores and celebrates the power of reading, told through the prism of America’s 100 best-loved novels (as chosen in a national survey). It investigates how and why writers create their fictional worlds, how we as readers are affected by these stories, and what these 100 different books have to say about our diverse nation and our shared human experience. New episodes begin Tuesday, September 11 at 8:00pm.
Major production funding provided by Anne Ray Foundation, A Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropy. Engagement funding provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and Anne Ray Foundation, A Margaret A Cargill Philanthropy.
Blue Ridge PBS is Out in the Community!
Blue Ridge PBS continues to launch and add to several series that feature the people and places in our viewing area. Stories can be seen throughout the day on Blue Ridge PBS and Southwest Virginia PTV as well as here on BlueRidgePBS.org.
- Creative Virginia profiles the artistic and creative people of Central and Southwest Virginia. From unique pieces to quirky creations, you’ll find some imaginative folks on Creative Virginia.
- Growing it in Virginia features the farmers, gardeners and growers of Southwest Virginia. From alpacas to zinnias, if it grows in Virginia, we’ll bring you the story.
- Delve into the topic of regional food and drink with our newest segment franchise, It’s All Food!
- Blue Ridge PBS is On the Road Again showcasing unique and interesting attractions and destinations that are just a short drive away. If you’re looking for something to do, we’ll have some great ideas for you.
- What's Your Story? highlights regional folks with unique, fascinating, funny, and sometimes quirky, stories to tell. Everyone has a story and we’re planning on bringing you some good ones.
There’s much more to come, so stay tuned!